Tuesday, June 25, 2013

What is art to you and why?

     Since I was young boy art had always been part of my life. From the early age of seven I loved architecture. The way the buildings looked and how everything fit together, and taking things to the next extreme. As I grew older and started high school I was intrigued by a class called Communications Technology and decided to give it a go. The class was an intro to graphic design. That's where I truly fell in love with graphic and computer art. Art to me is a way to change the way people think, see, and feel. Art to me is a form of physical emotional expression. Art to me is also a way to escape from real world problems  and allows your imagination to create things which seem impossible. Art is all this and more to me because it has allowed me to change the way people think, see, feel, and act. I created a logo for a non-profit organization called BLUE Missions Group. It is a group dedicated to fight against water poverty in third world countries and provide clean water to those that don't have access to clean drinking water. Every time one of these towns in the Dominican Republic sees my logo they are overwhelmed and truly believe that amongst all the bad in the world there is still hope and goodness. Every time one of the member from the organization sees the logo I created they are inspired to do more for these communities who suffer so much from the basic need of water. Art has allowed me to do all of this and that's what it is to me. 

                  

No comments:

Post a Comment